Saturday, October 14, 2006

Random thoughts

New parenthood is not all its cracked up to be. For those out there who tell people that its so great and that its such a joy and life is so rosey with a baby are either not telling the full truth or have nothing in common with my wife and I. Granted, Joshua likes to cry for no apparent reason, and there are babies that don't do as much of that...but still, don't they wake up to feed their babies in the middle of the night too? Aren't they tired, at least? Either way, I'm commited to not paint such a pretty picture of being a new parent...not to scare people off, but to help them prepare for what is ahead. Don't get me wrong, I love Joshua and its so great to have him in our lives...but, its certainly not all rainbows and smiles.

On a totally different note, how about my Tigers!

They're going to the World Series!!! Yankees? Bye bye. A's? Sorry! Tigers...they're on fire! Who's next? Mets? Cardinals? Does it matter?

Will Michigan be #2? Lets see...OSU is #1 and they won big against MSU. Florida was #2 and they lost to #11 Auburn. #3, USC continues to barely beat nobodies (e.g. ASU). If UMich doesn't go to #2 and pick up some #1 votes, the raters are clueless! This could make for the most exciting UM/OSU game in years!!!

4 comments:

Ricardo said...

Ha! You were warned, but all you wanted to do was to procrate and make little Jims! You had it coming!! Just wait until you have to change the real diapers... not a pretty picture. And then some night, you will both be enjoying a movie or a romantic dinner, when BAM!... the babysitter calls to tell you that the baby won't stop crying. But then, someday Joshua will say with a mouse voice, "Daddy, will you play with me please?" And just like, out of nowhere, all else is forgotten, and you cash in your reward as a new dad.

Anonymous said...

Jim,

Good for you! "Sleeping like a baby" takes on a whole new meaning when they cry every 3 hours, doesn't it? *grin*

Kathleen said...

Hang in there, friends. I hear they're worth it. And that it gets better.

Love to you both

Sean said...

Hey, remember that time when I had this talk with you in the car. Actually, when we were done, I thought that maybe Jeannie and I were just bad at being new parents and that you and Megan would show us up. One new revelation; the stage you are in seems like it will go on forever, but it ends and the payoffs (like Richie Ricardo said) start coming with greater and richer frequency. There are now days that I want Syler to stay right where he is at. It is that good at times. Hope you are well and sorry that I am commenting on an old post, but I just discovered your site.