Friday, March 09, 2007

Baby Einstein

Maybe Joshua is smarter than Albert was when he was a kid? He finds Baby Einstein to be interesting for a few minutes, then moves on to more interesting activities...like dive bombing toys that are slightly out of reach or rolling around on the floor. Seems like a pretty good lifestyle he gets to lead.

I, on the other hand, find myself enraptured by Baby Einstein. When I'm tired and BE is on, I'll literally lose time. I'll sorta come to 10 or 15 minutes later and realize that I just wasted a significant portion of my life by zoning out on some little puppets and toys telling me about what colors or shapes I'm looking at. It reminds me of a time while I was in college. I remember having a TV in my bedroom. Teletubbies was on (I can't stand those little big guys). They kept showing me the purple guy and saying the word "blue" over and over. This went on for something like 8 or 9 minutes. I just laid there on my bed and stared...the whole time. I can still hear the voice..."blue"..."blue"..."blue"...

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Interesting relaxation technique, Jim. Some try yoga, or meditative breathing, or even sleep. Baby Einstein, now that's creative. They should make it for adults-- soothing videos that teach us historical facts, or theological truths, or physics equations, all set to kids voices and calm music. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that the Teletubbies speak with an Asian accent? Except for the purple one (Tinky Winky) who sounds like a very slow post-pubescent boy. Just wait til Joshua gets into the Wiggles. They bring new meaning to the term "annoying"!

Anonymous said...

hey guys!

cheryl lynn here. you didn't happen to be high when you were watching teletubbies? something about it makes me feel like i need to be on drugs to fully appreciate it.