Monday, July 02, 2007

Which Center do you choose?

Since becoming a parent, I hear a lot of references to style. "Are you child-centered?" or "Are you family-centered?" or maybe even "Are you parent-centered?"...or what about "Are you self-centered?"

This is tough. Sometimes I'm child-centered. Sometimes I'm self-centered. Other times I'm Megan-centered. I try to be Jesus-centered...but that's easier said than done.

What if I'm not centered? What if I just go? And keep going? That doesn't seem right though. Its hard to live life just floating from one thing to the next. I think I'm made to have some kind of focus...a direction or path, you know? Can't just float...not healthy.

What fills the God-shaped hole you have in your heart?

.....

I learned recently that King James I authorized the King James translation of the bible because he did not like the way Baptist Separatists in his Kingdom used the Geneva bible to thwart his authority.

.....

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I think it's all about worldview. And since you're a pastor, an hr-guy, a husband, father, son, brother, etc., it's tough to choose which of the lenses is going to be the default, as you have to use each lens at proper moments.

But first and foremost, you're a child of God and a minister in his kingdom. So if you see yourself in your proper position related to him, creation of the creator, and also what your job is, which is to love God and love people, that takes care of it, in my non-seminary-educated opinion.

So I would say you're God-centered.

By the way, I'm so so so very sad that we'll miss your visit to Chicago by two measly days. Ugh.

Kath